Thursday, January 2, 2014

My New Years mini haul

So, I must admit this shopping trip was motivated by post holiday blues.  My parents left on New Year's day and I was sooooooo sad.  They left early to head back to Michigan and I couldn't snap out of my funk so I went on a CVS shopping trip.  It worked! I feel better and got some new great products!





I have only been using this oil for two days but I must say it is a multitasking miracle.  I have used it in my hair, on my face, and on my body.   It works fabulously on all three! I bought it specifically for my face to use as a serum and so far my skin is loving it. It soaks in quickly and is non-greasy as it is a dry oil.  I also recently toned my hair and it is dry so this oil has been a life saver.  It smells of flowers and lingers for quite awhile.  It is not overpowering at all and is a pleasant addition to my skincare routine. 


This little gem is so soft and easy to use.  I have used it as a traditional eye liner as well as on my water line.  It works perfectly both ways but I do prefer it on my water line as I have hooded eyes.  It stays all day and doesn't smudge or bleed.  I highly recommend this product!


The jury is still out on Cover Girl's Trublend  concealer.  I have only used it twice and need to put it to the test when I go back to work.  It is creamy and easily blendable.  I will keep you posted on it's staying power....stay tuned!!


I have been looking for a gold lip gloss and this Rimmel stay glossy lip gloss in Unlimited Gold was on sale at CVS.  It has great staying power and a beautiful gold sheen. I have tried it over my Urban Decay lipstick in Rush, Rimmel East End Snob lip liner, and alone with nothing under it,  and it is a keeper!! 

This Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Lip Liner in East End Snob is a cult classic and now I see why.  I have been looking and looking for this little nugget of goodness but it is always sold out.  I finally found and bought two.  I will never be without this again.  I have tried it under all of my favorite lipsticks and it makes them last longer and pop more.  It is also gorgeous alone with a touch of clear gloss.  It is a neutral pink that almost anyone can wear and enjoy.  You must add this to your collection if you haven't already. 

Please leave me comments, I love the feedback!
Happy New Year!!!
K

3 comments:

  1. great haul for the new year! I purchased the covergirl true blend the jury is still out on that one for me, it really didn't wow me, let me know whats your take, i still have to give it more testing to see if it's a buy or leave it. Happy New Years. xoxo~ Cyndi www.cdelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great finds. We love multi-purpose products, so we'll have to try the Lierac oil out. Do you know whether it is available in Australia?

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Amazon.com does ship to AU and they do carry Lierac face/body/hair oil. Here's the link...hope it helps. http://www.amazon.com/Lierac-Sensory-With-Flowers-100ml/dp/B0041M5XCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389126269&sr=8-1&keywords=lierac
      Happy New Year!!
      xoxo

      Delete