Monday, January 27, 2014

Blogger made be buy it!





1) Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

I really enjoy Melphs (Melissa Raymond).  She is so bubbly, sweet, and soooooo fun to watch on YouTube. You MUST check her out.  I trust her reviews and have found great products by watching her videos. 

I also love Anna from viviannadoesmakeup.com and Lilly from http://www.lilypebbles.co.uk 
They kind of come as a pair...they are classy and their blogs are gorgeously put together.  They are British so sometimes the products they review are not readily available in stores but you can usually find them online.  They recently did a collaboration on blogging and vlogging that was fantastic.  These two can't be missed!


2) Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?

For me it depends on the price of the product. If it's high end I research it well and then usually have to touch the product in store before I spend the money.  If it's drugstore and I'm excited about it, I buy it!

3) What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Definitely my Illamasqua blush in Katie.  It adds the most beautiful glow to the face. This was inspired by Mslolalynn on YouTube!!

4) What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

I bought a YSL Rouge Volupte because someone raved about it and I got pulled in by the packaging. It is a nice lipstick but it has the staying power of a gloss.  This stuff is not worth the price tag.  I can find MUCH better and MUCH cheaper, it's not worth the hype.  

5) Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.

1. Stila In the Light Palette (love)
2. Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara (love)
3. Jordana Fabuliner eyeliner in brown (love)
4. Olay in Shower Body Lotion (LOOOOVE)
5. Z Palette for my eye shadows and blush (love)

6) Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?

Elf cosmetics, just not a fan.
Revlon Cream Shadows, again, not a fan. 


7) Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?

So far I've avoided the hype around the Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay.  Will it last? Probably not because I saw a blogger recommend this palette highly for those with hazel eyes....If you didn't know already, I have hazel eyes. ;)

8) Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
I do have a mind of my own...so yes I buy things without checking out reviews.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment