Friday, January 10, 2014

~Sephora Gift Card Haul~

I received a Sephora gift card for my Birthday in December and just went thisTuesday to browse the store.  Here's what I picked up.....

As I was excitedly running around the store and touching everything, I remembered hearing Melissa Raymond (Melmphs on YouTube) talk about Sephora's Supreme Cleansing Oil.  I decided to give it a try since I have been into oils lately.  I will be doing a separate post on the Cleansing Oil next week. 


I have been really into lip products lately and have been wanting to give NARS lip crayons a try.  I swatched quite a few and decided on this beauty.  It's in the color Club Mix which I consider to be a purply-mauve.  I absolutely love it!!!  I wouldn't say it's very long wearing but it is smooth, moisturizing, and very opaque.  The downside...at times I have noticed it becomes a bit patchy although this doesn't happen if I wear a gloss over it.  I have not tried any other Nars lip products so I cannot say if they all have this flaw. Anyone....? 



This Buxom lip gloss in Katie was a 100 point perk.  It's AHHHHHMAZING!!  I have heard Buxom glosses are the best but I've never felt like paying $19 for a gloss...until now.  I will be purchasing a full size and friends to keep it company. 

Stila In the Light Palette.....

The colors are beautiful and I love the softness of the shadows.  Kitten is a great lid color that everyone raves about and the mattes are great crease and transition colors.  It's a solid palette....BUT
As you can probably see in the picture the shadows are loose in the cardboard packaging AND the eyeliner in the palette in a great brown color....dun dun dun, was broken.  It would not twist up.  I used it the day after I bought the palette and was sad to find it broken.  I  also noticed at the end of the day the Stila eyeliner in my waterline and tight line had separated and smeared.  Overall I'd give this palette a solid B.  It's not my favorite but it will be one I use regularly. 

I was excited to see this travel set of Victor Rolf Flower bomb perfume.  I immediately snatched it up. I love the flowery scent and was glad to see it in a small bottle that I could throw in my bag.  Until I got home and opened the package.  I expected to see a spray nozzle and/or a roller ball but neither of the bottles have either.  I have already wasted perfume and I am very disappointed. I will continue to use this perfume but I need to find an atomizer or better travel bottle for it.  Over all it's a great perfume but the packaging gets a D from me. 

I'd love to hear from you guys. Please feel free to leave feedback and comments!!
                              Katey 

No comments:

Post a Comment