Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mereadesso Madness

Oh how I love this moisturizer.  It acts as an almost-all-in-one.  It's a day and night moisturizer, eye cream, toner, and cosmetic primer for all skin types.  It however, does not contain sunscreen.  It's creators stated that they intentionally left sunscreen out because it made the product too oily and it lost it's ability to soak into the skin flawlessly and quickly.  I get that because that's what I love about the product.  Their website says that you can apply sunscreen over this product.  We all know sunscreen is a MUST.  I personally use a foundation with sunscreen or I add a bit of sunscreen over it.


The moisturizer contains aloe and absorbs quickly but leaves my skin feeling balanced and hydrated.  It also leaves a tightness to the skin which I would say is the "toner" aspect of this cream.  It's not like a dry tight, but a skin firming tightness that slowing fades over 5-10 minutes. It has a slight, and I mean slight fresh scent that quickly disappears. I have noticed when I splurge and use this cream it has fantastic makeup priming abilities.  My drugstore foundations last much longer and go on more evenly and smoothly.  It also seems to minimize oiliness although the manufacturer does not make this claim. 
The website describes it's ingredients this way:
Sourced from around the world, there are 16 botanical extracts, 7 minerals, a complex of vitamins and enzymes and over 20 different antioxidants all combined in a light weight gel-lotion with easy application and quick absorption on the skin. Click here to see the full ingredient list. 

As you can see in the photo below the travel size product was packaged very smartly.  It has a resealable flip cap that keeps the product fresh and prevents unwanted spills and leaks.  

This product lives up to it's claims but it has a hefty price tag attached.  This little travel packet contains 0.4 oz and is $28 dollars.  It's big sister is 1.7oz and is a whopping $120 dollars.  Will I ever purchase the full size...maybe if I hit the lottery.  Otherwise I will stick to the travel size and only use it for special occasions.  I want to give this product a solid "A" but in terms of price and the lack of sunscreen I have to knock it down to a "B".  

                         Katey 

No comments:

Post a Comment