Saturday, August 9, 2014

Blue Mercury and Space NK- Mini haul and store reviews


After work today I decided to visit New Canaan to check out Blue Mercury as I was interested in trying a Diptyque Candle. I was greeted as I entered the store and let the clerks know I was just browsing.  As I was looking around I noticed the new Nars Dual Intensity eye shadows.  I of course immediately started swatching them and fell in love with Cassiopia which is an iridescent electric pink.  The clerk took notice and went to find the color for me.  Unfortunately they were out (insert sad face).  She didn't know when they would be in stock again, of course.  I keep browsing and saw the Caudalie skin care and remembered I was out of my Eau de Beaute Elixer, I used my last little spray earlier this week.  I decided to pick it up.  I asked the clerk if they stopped selling Diptyque and she said that yes they discontinued it and their competitor was now selling it.  Hmmmm...who could there competitor be? The store clerks did not share with me that there was a Space NK right around the corner that sold Diptyque.  I checked out and decided to leave.  I was very surprised that they didn't offer any samples or explain if they have a rewards program (which I know they do).  Overall my first experience in a Blue Mercury was sub par. In my mind customer service is paramount when you are spending hard earned money on high end products.  On top of that I was the only customer in the store with three clerks.  Now don't get me wrong I don't like to be attacked and hovered over but they gave me no reason to return to that store again. If a customer loves something and its out of stock, offer to call them when the product comes in again or maybe offer them samples from that line to try at home.  Fortunately most of the products they sell can be found at my Sephora and Lord and Taylor, therefore, Blue Mercury you and I will not meet again.  But don't despair, keep reading for the happy ending.....


My Space NK experience, however was a fabulous one.  I went in looking for Diptyque and left an hour later with something else.  The esthetician at Space NK was a doll.  She asked me if I had ever been in before (I told her no).  She then asked my skincare routine.  She pointed out similar but "better" products that would help my skin type.  She shared their best sellers and helped me try products on my hands.  She explained some of the skin care lines, where they were from and why people love them.  She then left me to browse.



That's when I found this beauty......





I tried the Hourglass ambient lighting palette in the past and wasn't a fan but when swatching this in the store my blush obsession took over.  I was the perfect color for my skin tone.  She was right there helping me to pick the best color and explaining how they create the glow from with-in look.
As we went up to the register she explained the N.dulge rewards program and helped me sign up (it's free). Once all of the business was taken care of she took me over to the skin care and began pulling out samples for me to try at home.  She already knew my skin issues from our earlier chat and pulled out products tailored for me.  Now THAT'S customer service!  


Space NK will be seeing me again.  I appreciate their dedication to excellent customer service, the friendly, open and non-intimidating staff and the wide array of high end difficult to find products. 





No comments:

Post a Comment