Friday, January 17, 2014

Face Mask Friday!!!



Face Mask Friday!!!

After a long work week, all I want to do is sit back and relax!  What better way to do that when with a hot bath and a face mask?  In this post, I've chosen the masks I've used and loved the most.  They range from high-end to drugstore, and each provides different benefits for the skin.  

Keep reading for the details...






Glam Glow YouthMud



GlamGlow face masks are amazing little gems.  They are also amazingly expensive.
I have the Youth-Mud Mask pictured here as well as a sample of the Clearing Mask.  They are top-notch facial masks.  They create instantly-noticeable changes in the skin.  Pores are reduced,  skin tone is more even, radiant and hydrated.  For the longest time, I didn't believe the hype surrounding these masks and definitely didn't want to pay the $69 for 1.7 ounces, but I am so happy I broke down and bought the mini size ($20 at Sephora).  I use these masks very sparingly so they last longer.  I have found a thin layer of the mud works just as well as a thick layer. The YouthMud mask does tingle so if you have sensitive skin you may find it a bit harsh. 
I leave the Youthmud mask on for 10 minutes and then mix with water and scrub it off to take advantage of the exfoliating properties.
I wear the Clearing Mask for up to 25 minutes to allow the mask to extract all of the dirt and oil out of my pores.
( I have to hide these masks from my husband because he loves them too!)

Mint Julep Masque

This face mask is an oldie but a goodie.  It has a clean mint scent, a slight tingle, and a muddy consistency.  Because this is a clay mask it is touted to dry up acne, shrink blackheads and reduce pore size.  I use this mask when I have active breakouts and it does help to dry them out.  I find that it doesn't overly strip my skin of natural oils while still clearing clogged pores.  I found this mask at Walmart for $2.99!  



 Michael Todd Pumpkin Facial Mask

I received this mask in a Ipsy Bag a few months back.  It is the only thing I have tried from the Michael Todd line.  I have only been able to find this brand on their website: http://www.michaeltoddtrueorganics.com
The full size product is 3.4 oz and sells for $34. 
This mask contains Glycolic Acid and real pumpkin.  It smells and feels like pumpkin pie filling.  This mask is marketed as moisturizing and nourishing but it also has a tingling effect that may not be suitable for sensitive skin.  I use this mask when my skin is feeling dry and dull.  After 15 minutes on the face my skin feels firmer, smoother, and more hydrated. 


Facial masks are a great way to relax while rejuvenating the skin.  I have found that if I use masks consistently I have less oil, clogged pores, breakouts, and more balanced skin.  I hope this post helped if you're looking for a new facial mask.

I always love to test out new facial masks so comment below and let me know what mask you love!!
                      Katey
This post is not sponsored

No comments:

Post a Comment