Monday, January 20, 2014

Favorite Lippies of the Moment


Favorite Lippies of the Moment



These lip products are what I've been carrying around in my bag.  They are my everyday colors and I love them all.  I wear them alone and I mix and match them.  My favorite combo is the NYX in La La and the Rimmel 3D gloss in Love at the Movies.  It makes the perfect everyday mauve lip with a little edge.


I professed my love for this gloss in a recent haul and it has only grown since.  I am on the hunt for a dupe for Buxom glosses because $19 for lip gloss is hard to justify.  So far I have come up empty handed.  I wear this on it's own and as a lipstick topper.  It has the perfect amount of stickiness that makes it last quite a long time.  I have not found such a wonderful formula in any other glosses. 


This gloss is a close second to the Buxom formula.  It has a wonderful very fine shimmer that gives it it's 3D appearance.  Love at the Movies has a pink/purple micro glitter that is undetectable on the lips but makes it a great lip enhancer alone or on top of a lipstick.  It gives the lips a sheen as well as the appearance of more plump lips.  This gloss is slightly sticky which gives it great staying power. This retails for $4.99 at drugstores. 



I bought Revlon Super Natural in an attempt to find a Buxom dupe.  It is nothing like Buxom.  The Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss is more like a balm than a gloss.  It is a creamy formula with no glitter or stickiness.  I enjoy wearing this alone, but the lasting power is not great. This retails from $5.99 to 7.99 depending on location. 



This little gem is a great choice for on the go and in the car.  It is easy to apply without a mirror, it's moisturizing and adds great natural color to the lips.  I like this more than many of my lip crayons because of the scent.  I don't care for minty lip crayons. Neutrogena's lip crayons are fruity scented which is right up my alley.  This retails for $7.99-$8.99 depending on location. 





We've all heard a lot about Maybelline's new Colorsensational Elixirs.  I find that this looks great on the lips but the scent and taste is off-putting.  The scent reminds me of melted plastic with a hint of floral.  The formula is nice, a mix between a gloss and a liquid lip stick and gives the lips a full glossy look.  I would love this product if Maybelline would change their lip product scent, or even better, make them unscented.  This retails for $6.99-8.99 depending on location. 



Last but not least, one of my favorite lipstick brands and formulas, NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors in LaLa. This lipstick is a satin formula, not matte, not gloss.  It is not particularly hydrating on the lips but it doesn't dry them out either.  As I said earlier, I love to pair this with the Rimmel Stay Glossy 3D in Love at the Movies.  It makes one of my favorite everyday lip looks.  This retails for around $4 at Ulta. 

 NYX LALA & Rimmel Love at the Movies


As you can see below I'm a fan of rose/mauve's and neutrals. 
I'd love to hear if any of you have found Buxom lip gloss dupes and what you consider to be your Favorite Lippies of the Moment!!
xoxo
                            Katey 

No comments:

Post a Comment