Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shrinking Nail Polish & Seche Vite

First let me say that I absolutely love Seche Vite top coat. It is thick and goopy but it smooths out any imperfections in my nail color and dries it in seconds.  Painting my finger nails use to be a nightmare.  I would paint them...they would be perfect, then I would have to use the bathroom.  Darn it, now what?  I would carefully try to go to the bathroom and inevitably would smear my perfect manicure.
Then I found this miracle worker.  I paint my nails with two coats of my desired color then immediately put this on top.  Within 2 minutes I can go to the bathroom without causing any damage to my fresh new manicure!  BUT.....



After using it for a few weeks I noticed my nail polish pulling away at the tips of my finger nails.  At first I just thought it was wear and tear, then I began to wonder if it was my top coat.  I researched Seche Vite and found that quick drying topcoats can shrink your nail polish!
But don't fret!  I found a solution!  It's called nail tip wrapping.

Check out this wonderful website by Michelle Mismas that explains it step by step:

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2010/06/manicure-trick-wrap-tips.html

I buy mine at Sally Beauty Supply for $5.99 with my Sally Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment