Sunday, February 2, 2014

No firewood? No problem!

We are having people over today for the Super Bowl. I meant to buy firewood when I was out but totally forgot. I love a fire with football and food. I just think it gives the warmest, happiest glow.
It's not that cold here in Connecticut at the moment so I decided to forego the trip to buy wood and just use some candles to achieve a similar ambience. 
I used two Yankee candles in the back to provide height and then used some smaller dollar store candles and a few tea lights in pretty cut out votives in the front.

I must say the candles are much easier and don't make nearly the mess. I may do this more often. Have you all done this before? What is your favorite way to display the candles in the fireplace?
Xoxo
Katey

No comments:

Post a Comment